Tuesday 22 June 2010

Away we go











We had a really rejuvenating weekend away in Derbyshire, camping.  To celebrate Dave, and Fathers' Day, we took the boys away for the night to Wirksworth.  A place that is now truly on my favourites list, I felt we had a really British weekend.  Dave loved his penknife, ready to teach the boys how to whittle.  We drank hot chocolate with custard creams to dunk.  The boys had their first sherbert Dip Dab, followed by car sickness.  It felt like a proper family holiday, everything I dreamed of when I embarked on the journey of parenthood.

Our drive across Deryshire was set to my soundtrack of the moment, Away We Go.  The film made me laugh and cry.  A manifesto for how to deal with the highs and lows of being thirty-something, loving and parenting and making lifes difficult decisions.  The soundtrack by Alexi Murdoch reminds me of the enduring power of the film and that the answer is always love.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...