Monday 13 December 2010

Merry Chickens


I'm a bit Bah Humbug about Christmas and feel that all the good stuff gets outweighed by all the bad stuff (see? Bah Humbug!).  I've arrived at a place where I dread the middle of winter.

But!  My faith has been restored by a family visit to the Christmas Tree Trail at Calke Abbey.  Magical and spiritual, it was lovely to commune at dusk with lots of folk and walk up the hill by candle light to the decorated chapel.  Faith restored, I'm quite looking forward to celebrating the Solstice next week, followed by a family Christmas.

The chickens have brought us much happiness since they arrived six weeks ago.  Each and every egg reminds me of the miracle of life.

To share this joy, instead of Christmas cards, we have bought a chicken from Oxfam Unwrapped, that will be part of a project in Haiti to provide food and a way out of poverty.

So......MERRY CHICKENS TO YOU AND YOURS!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...