Monday 26 September 2011

Designing for Ceramic Transfers Workshop





Yesterday I spent the day at Beans Coffee Shop Gallery teaching a workshop on 'Designing for Ceramic Transfers'. The lovely ladies created a square piece of art using the same techniques of ink, collage and stitch that I use in my work. Some used imagery of a place, some illustrated a saying, one lady produced a piece to celebrate her long lived dog Queenie. Having demonstrated the techniques involved in turning artwork into ceramic transfers and how to apply them, it is now my task to turn their artwork into transfers and apply them to tiles so that they will then receive a decorative tile featuring their own art work.

It's a busy couple of weeks for me. On Thursday I'm teaching on the foundation degree at Leek College of FE and on Saturday I'll be doing a demonstration of my work at the launch of the National Centre for Craft and Design in Sleaford, Lincolnshire. Next week I've another ceramics workshop and a 'Recording Memories' workshop. I've got one place left if you know anyone who would like to come.

I'll let you know how it all goes....I've STILL got pictures of my summer holidays to share!  Good job we're having a second summer....it'll give me a chance to catch up.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...