Monday 20 February 2012

Turning a corner


Yesterday, it felt like we turned a corner toward Spring.  The sun was warm, the greenhouse was cleared, the potatoes set to chit.  We spilled into the garden and embraced the sun, bleary eyed.  It was a lovely day to end a lovely half term holiday during which we caught up with friends and family.

I escaped to Suffolk with two old friends and although arctic winds blew across the fens it was great to be in the company of like minded creatives.  We had a wonderful time exploring Kettles Yard, a place I could visit endlessly and never grow tired.  The surrounding snow lit the interiors with a beautiful, soft light and I had a wonderful spiritual calm descend over me.

The calm has long gone and I feel I'm approaching the storm with deadlines looming.  I'm working hard toward Sock Makers Market and have two workshops in the next two weeks.  I'm glad to have had a boost from the sunshine and will translate that energy into my work.  You can catch up on all my spring news in my mailer, here.  Please contact me if you would like to be added to my mailing list.

2 comments:

sue bulmer said...

Yes Helen it does feel like spring is coming!! I can't wait too!!

sue bulmer said...

Yes Helen it does feel like spring is coming!! I can't wait too!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...