Wednesday 8 February 2012

Work in progress


On Sunday I had a much needed, indeed craved for, day in the studio.  My successes at the Sock Gallery in Loughborough before Christmas mean that I have a lot of new work to create to keep up with my commitments for 2012.  I am back at the Sock Gallery in March as a part of their preview show for the Sock Makers Market on the 24th and 25th of March.  March is coming around fast....very fast!

I've been so inspired by the sudden blast of wintery weather and its effect upon the landscape.  I like the bleached out colour, the greys and sage green and lemon-white sun-through-snow skies.  I've been enjoying working larger and this has allowed for more gestural marks to come through in the ink work.  With a season of workshops starting soon, I'll be able to share some of my mark making techniques.

Looking ahead, I am excited to have been accepted to take part in the Open Houses at the Saltaire Arts Trail during May bank holiday weekend.  I've booked a cottage and will love decamping to Yorkshire and discovering the delights of the UNESCO world heritage site of Saltaire.

Currently my work is at the Ferrers Gallery near Ashby-de-la-Zouch.  The In Print exhibition is on there until the end of March.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...